Reports in France claim United offered Tottenham close to 150million euros (£125million) for the winger, who joined Real Madrid for 100million euros. Speaking after his side’s 2-0 victory over Crystal Palace, Moyes told BT Sport that now the transfer window had shut he would not be commenting on such a matter. David Moyes refused to confirm or deny if Manchester United had launched a bid to sign Gareth Bale. Press Association However he added: “I have said many times we are always bidding for the best players.” Speaking on Friday, Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti said: “I know that Tottenham received a higher bid for Gareth Bale than the one from Real Madrid.” And French newspaper L’Equipe claimed that bid came from Manchester United, but Bale personally insisted on joining Real Madrid.
Stacey Witalec, the spokeswoman for the Pennsylvania courts, says no records are publicly available, and she could not say whether the records from Tony’s case were sealed or expunged. Broward prosecutors sent the so-called “affidavit of applicant” to FDLE for review. Local newspaper accounts from 1993 say Tony, then age 14, killed an 18-year-old man in Philadelphia. Tony told the South Florida Sun Sentinel the Sunday that he did not think he was technically “charged with a crime” and claimed it was a case of self-defense. “We did receive a complaint and we will review the complaint,” said Gretl Plessinger, spokeswoman for the Florida Department of Law Enforcement. “We do not have an active investigation.” DeSantis was unaware about the killing when he appointed Tony as sheriff in January of last year.Tony told the Sun Sentinel on Sunday that he not believe the disclosure would have affected DeSantis’ decision.“You’re saying that I should have disclosed a horrific incident that I faced as a 14-year-old kid, where I had to survive a shooting,” he said. “… Why would I put myself in a position where I’m talking about a brutal attack that I survived, for the sake of an interview? I don’t think anyone would have done that.” Florida’s Department of Law Enforcement confirmed on Wednesday that it plans to review Broward Sheriff Gregory Tony’s sworn affidavit, which asserts that he has never had a criminal record sealed or expunged and pledges his answers were “true and correct.” His campaign consultant, Eric Johnson, told the newspaper that the 1993 paperwork was sealed after Tony was cleared. He also argues that Tony did not commit any mistakes on the form. According to Johnson, a question on the form asked if a “criminal” record had been sealed, and he reiterates that Tony had been found not guilty. “It was not a criminal record, because it wasn’t a crime,” he added.Tony is seeking election for the first time this summer. He is running against Scott Israel, the man he replaced when Gov. DeSantis suspended Israel for what the governor considered to be the Sheriff’s Office’s failures in mass shootings at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in 2018 and the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport in 2017.Report: Broward Sheriff Tony was Involved in Fatal Shooting at Age 14
It seems that Carole Baskin is trying desperately to move on from the growing number of questions surrounding the 1997 disappearance of her former husband, Don Lewis.Baskin, who is the owner of Big Cat Rescue in Tampa, and is the subject of Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem, and Madness, is turning her attention to her upcoming appearance on Dancing with the Stars, according to popculture.com.The websites says The Daily Mail noticed Baskin outside of the show’s rehearsal facility last week in Los Angeles, preparing for the 29th season.Tiger King’s Carole Baskin dresses in leopard print for her second day of Dancing With The Stars rehearsals https://t.co/B8PsYJofSr— Daily Mail Celebrity (@DailyMailCeleb) September 5, 2020 The news comes as a CBS interview is set to air in which a woman named Trish Farr-Payne alleges her ex-husband Kenny Farr, who worked as Baskin’s former handyman, may have something to do with Lewis’ case.
GUYANA Football Federation’s (GFF) President Wayne Forde, intends to place more emphasis on infrastructural works in the hinterland of Guyana and to this end, the GFF will work assiduously to make this a reality.According to a GFF press release, the Federation’s president has announced a Guy $300,000 grant for the Rupununi Football Association (RFA) league prize money and Lethem will benefit by way of football infrastructural support to support the growth of the game in hinterland communities.Forde, according to the release, made this known on Saturday last when he addressed the RFA at the association’s Annual General Meeting.Also present was GFF’s first vice- president Brigadier (Ret) Bruce Lovell, who kicked off the GFF’s annual Member Outreach Programme to the region aimed at strengthening relationships and listening to the concerns of the local football community.The GFF also announced that it would provide three hundred thousand (GYD $300,000) in funding for prize money to help kick off the RFA’s next league competition, which is expected to start next month.Forde said the GFF was looking into ways to upgrade existing playing facilities in Lethem with new turf, stands and lights, but was also considering a request to build a new ground to better serve a community where football is growing rapidly.“Let’s think big. The ultimate goal is to have a separate venue that belongs to the GFF and the RFA. The key reason for these projects is so that the RFA and its members can find a sustainable source of revenue. If you have a facility like that, you can have proper income from games and fans –- the opportunities are endless,” Forde is reported to have told the gathering.The GFF representatives also inspected local club grounds and met with prominent members of the private sector, including representatives from the Guyana Bank For Trade and Industry (GBTI), to encourage further investment in the sport.
London: The Premier League voiced “significant concerns” over potential reforms to the Champions League on Friday, saying the changes would damage the thriving domestic game. Reported reforms being put forward for further discussion include changing the current group stage from eight groups of four to four groups of eight, guaranteeing clubs far more Champions League games from 2024.A tiered system involving relegation and promotion could see the top six teams of each group automatically qualify for the following year’s competition rather than through their domestic leagues, while UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin denied reports games could be played at weekends.”All 20 Premier League clubs today discussed their ‘significant concerns’ regarding reported proposals for changing the format and qualification criteria of UEFA club competitions from season 2024/25,” the Premier League said in a statement.” All clubs unanimously agreed it is inappropriate for European football bodies to create plans that would alter the structures, calendar and competitiveness of the domestic game and will work together to protect the Premier League.” The Premier League is one of the most competitive domestic competitions with its top six of Manchester City, Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham fighting for just four places in the Champions League every season. All six are still involved in European competition this season, with City, United, Liverpool and Tottenham in next week’s Champions League quarter-finals, and Arsenal and Chelsea are in the Europa League last eight.However, it is believed leading clubs on the continent are seeking change to combat the Premier League’s advantage over its European competitors from more lucrative TV rights deals.”In England, football plays an important role in our culture and everyday life,” the statement added.”Millions of fans attend matches across the country, with allegiances and local rivalries often passed down through generations. We have a fantastic combination of competitive football and committed fans that we will vigorously defend.” The Premier League are not alone in standing up to the proposals, with senior officials in the Spanish and German leagues also stating their disapproval. Alberto Colombo, the spokesman for European Leagues, which represents domestic competitions across the continent, told AFP that the members “absolutely want to protect our weekend games and our leagues”. The reforms are set to be discussed by UEFA’s Club Competitions Committee next month. For all the Latest Sports News News, Football News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.
Serena Williams beat Madison Keys in straight sets to win the Italian Open – her first WTA title in nine months.The world number one beat her fellow American 7-6 (7-5) 6-3 to triumph in Rome for the fourth time since 2002.Williams, 34, last won a title in Cincinnati in August, and has since lost finals at the US Open, Australian Open and Indian Wells.She will begin the defence of her French Open title when the tournament gets under way next Sunday.“I have tried to defend there once, twice, three times before,” Williams said of the Paris Grand Slam.“It didn’t quite work so well. But this year is different. I’m going to definitely go in there and I feel more calm and I don’t feel stress to have to win.“I feel like I just am happy to be out here.”Williams showed the value of experience as she claimed her 70th career title in her 89th final – with Keys playing only her second.Keys, 21, broke serve in the opening game and matched Williams for power throughout, but a loose service game allowed the top seed to level at 3-3.Williams edged the tie-break, sealing it with a heavy serve, and raced into a 3-0 lead in the second.Two poor games followed, suggesting the 21-time Grand Slam champion is still some way from her best, but she saw out the set and the match after one hour and 24 minutes.“It feels great,” Williams said of finally winning her 70th career title.“I have played, let’s see, US Open, Australian, Miami, Indian Wells. So it’s only four tournaments. So it’s not like I was playing every week.“So that’s kind of how I look at it. But it feels great to win a title, especially on clay.”Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram
Rafael Nadal came back twice from a break down against Japan’s Yoshihito Nishioka to put Spain into the ATP Cup quarter-finals in Australia.The world number one won 7-6 (7-4) 6-4) to give Spain an unassailable 2-0 lead in the tie after Robert Bautista Agut had earlier beaten Go Soeda 6-2 6-4.Nadal then paired up with Pablo Carreno Busta to win the doubles rubber and end Japan’s chances of a last-eight spot. Argentina later beat Croatia to advance.Croatia could still book a place in the knockout stage if they win the remaining doubles rubber against Argentina, who sealed victory in the tie with straight-set wins for Guido Pella and Diego Schwartzman over Marin Cilic and Borna Coric respectively.Spain, who won the Davis Cup in November, ended their group-stage campaign with a perfect record of nine wins.But an unusually sluggish Nadal was made to work hard against world number 72 Nishioka, making 19 unforced errors and dropping serve twice in the first set.It was the first time Nadal, who has not dropped a set at the tournament yet, had played in the hot conditions of the Perth day session.“It’s the first time I played under these heavy conditions, so the feeling on court is completely different,” said Nadal, who will be seeking to equal Roger Federer’s record of 20 Grand Slam singles titles at the Australian Open, which starts on 20 January.He said he was not thinking about catching the Swiss great, adding: “My only goal is to keep playing good tennis, keep enjoying this sport and being happy. And if that happens and I stay healthy then the goal is to keep producing chances in the events that I’m going to play.”The ATP Cup is a new 24-nation knockout tournament that has been set up by the men’s professional tour to kick off the 2020 season.It features six groups of four teams, who each play three round-robin ties in an event played across Sydney, Brisbane and Perth.Among the other countries who have already qualified for the quarter-finals are Great Britain, who face hosts Australia on Thursday.Novak Djokovic’s Serbia and Russia are also through to the knockout stage, which will be played in Sydney.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Rafael Nadal
After a slow start to the regular season, the Wisconsin men’s basketball team has picked up two impressive victories in a row with their 76-60 victory over Temple Saturday.The game was an offensive struggle to start, as neither team could find the bottom of the net. In the first seven minutes, the teams combined to score just 14 points, and Temple held a 8-6 lead over Wisconsin.But just moments later, Bronson Koenig hit a three to give the Badgers a lead and something clicked for the team.For the next eight minutes, Wisconsin went on a 24-4 run to go up 18 and appeared to have the game firmly in their grasp. And while they did ease up before the end of the half, they still entered the locker room with a comfortable 11-point lead.Temple kicked the pressure up a notch to start the second half, and a quick 8-2 run to start the period brought the Owls to within five.At that point, it looked as if the game was about to get much more competitive.Turning pointJust 14 seconds after Temple had brought the game to within five, Zack Showalter found space in the corner and knocked down a three to end the Owls’ run.From there, Wisconsin poured it on one more time, going on a 13-0 run over the next five minutes to bring their lead back up to 18 at 52-34. The Owls were spent at that point and were never able to get back within 14 points of the Badgers.When you knew it was overWith around five minutes left, Temple had made one last push to bring the game with 14. They had a fighting chance, but a pair of free throws from Nigel Hayes and a three-pointer from Koenig off a perfect pass from Ethan Happ brought UW’s lead to 19 — their largest of the game — and Wisconsin cruised to victory from there.Wisconsin player of the game: Nigel HayesHayes recorded his third consecutive double-double Saturday, recording 18 points and 12 rebounds in 36 minutes, and he is now averaging 17.7 points and 11.7 rebounds in those three outings.But it wasn’t just Hayes’s work offensively that made him Wisconsin’s most effective player, as he was also tasked with guarding Temple’s top scorer, Quenton Decosey. The junior performed admirably, as Hayes held Decosey to just seven points on 1-for-6 shooting — eight points below his season average thus far. Temple’s offensive attack had no chance of getting into a rhythm with their best player struggled to find the bottom of the net.Temple player of the game: Jaylen BondWith Decosey struggling, Bond stepped up to record a double-double of a team-high 12 points and 10 rebounds in 31 minutes. Bond became the focal point of Temple’s offense, as he took five more shots (13) than the next highest Owl player.NotableFreshman Kahlil Iverson did not play in the second half after playing 12 minutes in the first. UW head coach Bo Ryan said he was unable to play and will undergo further testing from the medical staff.Iverson’s absence allowed for fellow freshman Alex Illikainen to see extended time on the court. He scored six points in nine minutes.With foul trouble sending Vitto Brown to the bench early in the first half, Charlie Thomas saw extended playing time that bled into the second half. He played 26 minutes to Brown’s 15 and scored nine points and grabbed six rebounds.The Badgers held Temple to 60 points, 11 points under their season average coming into Saturday’s game (71.2).QuotableWisconsin head coach Bo Ryan on the team having six players with six points at halftime:“I saw triple sixes and it made me real nervous. Six, six, six and then six, six, six. I have never seen it before. But there was this time, at Connie Mack Stadium. On the scoreboard, the score was 2-2. The count was 2-2. The outs were two. And they had that clock that was a digital clock. It was 2:22. I was about 10 years old. Straight twos across the board. Never seen it before. Will never see it again. But this one right here might be the second weirdest stat line.”Hayes on serving the role of defensive stopper:“It’s always a joy to go out and guard the other team’s best player, and for them to score not only below their average, but well below their average. It only makes sense if you can the best player on the other team and keep them from scoring and impacting the game, it makes it that much easier for your team to win. It’s a challenge I think great players aspire to.”Thomas on being more comfortable on the court:“I think it’s just me becoming more comfortable in the game. Just taking advantage of the best opportunities, hitting the open shots, going for the offensive and defensive boards. I think I did a good job of that today.”
The final score was Clonmel 22 Newcastlewest 16.Elsewhere, Kilfeacle and District were up against Skibbereen in the same league. The final score was Kilfeacle 11 Skibbereen 9. Clonmel overcame Newcastlewest after an epic second half performance in their Munster Junior League Division 1 match-up. The Tipp side will now go top of the league and are three points ahead of Newcastlewest. Clonmel are now an impressive eight wins from eight.
Peter Lawrie is 2 under after a 69 while Kevin Phelan is 2 under after 7.