The Port of Dubrovnik Authority rejected the offer for the construction of the port of Gruž

first_imgThe Governing Board of the Dubrovnik Port Authority concluded at a session held at the Ministry of Maritime Affairs, Transport and Infrastructure that it maintains its previous position that the formal and legal conditions for concluding a concession agreement for the Gruž terminal with the Turkish-French consortium Dubrovnik International Cruise Port Investment (DICPI) ).Director Dubrovnik Port Authority Blaž Pezo said that according to that conclusion there are no legal elements, and in accordance with the current procedure, that the contract on the construction of the port terminal will be signed with a potential concessionaire on Monday, October 9. “According to the current legal analysis of the law firm we hired, not all the prerequisites for signing the contract have been met”, Said Pezo.Last week, DICPI launched a conciliation process in which the Dubrovnik Port Authority will participate. “If no agreement is reached in that procedure, according to their announcements, they will initiate arbitration. We are ready for that arbitrationSaid Pezo. Pezo pointed out that he considered unfounded the possible request of DICPI for compensation in the amount of HRK 920 million. Minister of the Sea, Transport and Infrastructure Oleg Butković once pointed out that the pre-contract was terminated, among other things, because they asked the DICPI for state guarantees for the terminal project, which was completely contrary to the terms of the concession tender.Source: HRTRelated news: Fewer trips, passengers and days of stay of foreign ships for cruiseslast_img read more