Highlights of the Euro 2020 qualifying play-off match between Scotland and Israel August saw the start of an exclusive five-year deal with the SPFL to show up to 48 live matches each season, from the competition that delivered the very first live football on Sky Sports in 1991. In addition to Scotland’s UEFA Nations League matches and FIFA World Cup qualifiers, Sky Sports subscribers also have access to more than 140 live Premier League games and up to 158 from the EFL this season. 5:50 – Advertisement – Highlights of the Euro 2020 qualifying play-off match between Bosnia & Herzegovina and Northern Ireland – Advertisement – Sky Sports has announced that Scotland and Northern Ireland’s decisive UEFA Euro 2020 qualifiers will be made available to all viewers in the UK free-to-air.The decision will allow fans from both nations to watch what is sure to be a dramatic night of football. Scotland seek to book their place in a major international tournament for the first time since 1998, while Northern Ireland look to repeat their qualification for UEFA Euro 2016 – their first major tournament for 30 years. 4:27 Image:Steve Clarke and Andy Robertson celebrate Scotland’s shootout win over Israel Sky Sports has made these matches of historic, national significance available in recognition of the unique circumstances and the impact the pandemic is having on fans. Domestic football and other live sporting events will continue to be exclusively available to Sky Sports customers, whose support enables Sky to provide sport with near-term financial security and sustained investment in the future. In the same week as these two decisive matches, Sky Sports subscribers will be able to enjoy The Masters from Augusta, Belgium vs England in the UEFA Nations League, Lewis Hamilton’s bid to equal Michael Schumacher’s illustrious record of seven F1 world titles at the Turkish Grand Prix and the IPL Final. Also, in the UEFA Nations League Scotland face Slovakia, Wales face Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland play Austria. Image:Northern Ireland players celebrate their penalty shootout victory against Bosnia and Herzegovina Thursday November 12, 7.45pmSerbia vs Scotland – Live on Sky One, Pick and Sky Sports FootballNorthern Ireland vs Slovakia – Live on Challenge and Sky Sports Premier LeagueSky Sports Managing Director Rob Webster said: “We know how significant these fixtures could be for fans of Scotland and Northern Ireland. With two sides on the brink of qualifying for a major tournament, we felt it was the right moment in these exceptional and unique circumstances to make the games more widely available.“Sky Sports is a proud partner to many sports, both in the UK and around the world, and we have strived to stand alongside sport in unprecedented circumstances this year.”Fans will also be able to access the matches via NOWTV, on the go on your mobile, laptop or tablet on SkyGo with clips and highlights on SkySports.com, YouTube and Sky Sports social media channels. – Advertisement – – Advertisement –
Fury, 29, said he was glad he could put the “nightmare” behind him.He will be free to return to the ring once he regains his boxing licence from the British Boxing Board of Control (BBBofC), who Ukad said have accepted the outcome.Hughie Fury, Tyson’s cousin, has reached a similar agreement after he also tested positive in February 2015.Both men were not charged until June 2016 and both continue to insist they have “never knowingly or deliberately committed a violation”.Last month, BBC Sport reported Ukad feared it could be made insolvent or require a bailout over the dispute had Fury been cleared.However, Ukad Chief Executive Nicole Sapstead insisted there was “absolutely no whitewash and nothing to be fearful or embarrassed about” in the decision.She said the anti-doping agency had been “completely transparent” and that the developments represented a “good outcome”, given their conviction that a doping violation did take place.A Ukad statement read: “In recognition of the retrospective counter-arguments and the risks inherent in the dispute resolution process, each side has accepted a compromise of its position.”In a statement Tyson Fury said he and Hughie were “happy” the issue had been settled and that they can “move forward knowing they will not be labelled drug cheats”.Both fighters’ respective bouts in February 2015, including Tyson’s victory over Christian Hammer, have been disqualified but results after that date, including the win over Klitschko, stand.“I’m a fighting man through and through and I’ve never backed down from anyone in my life and I was certainly not going to back down from fighting this dispute,” he said.Following the decision, Fury called out fellow Briton Anthony Joshua – the IBF and WBA heavyweight world champion – on social media, saying “where you at boy? I’m coming for you punk”.Joshua defended his world titles in October, while the other two world belts are held by American, Deontay Wilder, and New Zealand’s Joseph Parker.Last month, Joshua’s Promoter Eddie Hearn, said there was “absolutely no question” Joshua would face Wilder in a unification bout in 2018.“Next year I will be back doing what I do best, better than ever and ready to reclaim the world titles which are rightfully mine,” Fury said. “It’s time to get the party started.”Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Britain’s Tyson Fury is free to resume his boxing career after accepting a backdated two-year doping ban.The former world heavyweight champion tested positive for a banned steroid in February 2015, but blamed the result on eating un-castrated wild boar.His victory over Wladimir Klitschko in 2015 was his last fight before beginning his legal battle with UK Anti-Doping (Ukad).
Legendary Chicago-area HS coach, ‘Hoop Dreams’ star dies at 83 “We’ve all enjoyed coaching Quentin this past year and certainly appreciate his efforts,” Self said in a press release.“We initially anticipated him staying in the draft but he and his family decided to return to college but not return to the University of Kansas. We totally support and respect Quentin and his decision and wish him the very best moving forward. We believe Quentin will have a long professional basketball career and look forward to watching his development.”Grimes will look to fill a void for the Cougars left by Galen Robinson, Corey Davis Jr. and Armoni Brooks. Houston won 33 games last season and reached the Sweet 16 under coach Kelvin Sampson. Related News Grimes, who finished last season averaging 8.4 points, 2.5 rebounds and 2.0 assists in 27.4 minutes per game, was considered to be a future lottery pick entering his freshman season. He struggled with consistency, though he started all 36 games. He was one of four Jayhawks players to declare for the 2019 NBA Draft, but he withdrew his name after attending the combine. Kansas coach Bill Self shared his support for Grimes’ decision. Quentin Grimes announced Thursday his decision to transfer from Kansas to Houston for the 2019-20 season. The 6-foot-5 guard also was considering Texas A&M, according to 247Sports, as The Woodlands, Texas, native wanted to make a move closer to home. He is expected to apply for a waiver to be eligible immediately at Houston as he has three years of eligibility left. However, Grimes would have to sit out next season if the NCAA declines his waiver. Oklahoma State hires top hoops prospect Cade Cunningham’s brother as assistant