Pfizer CEO sold $5.6 million of stock as company announced positive data

first_imgSearch quotes, news & videos Coronavirus vaccine: Pfizer CEO sold $5.6 million of stock as company announced positive datalast_img

Cardiff fans hold Tan protest

first_imgA section of Cardiff fans held a protest against Vincent Tan’s rebranding of the club following the 1-0 south Wales derby win over Swansea. Steven Caulker grabbed the only goal of the game at Cardiff City Stadium to provide some good news for Bluebirds fans after recent events which have seen manager Malky Mackay”s head of recruitment Iain Moody replaced by 23-year-old Kazakh Alisher Apsalyamov, putting the Scot’s position under scrutiny. Tan’s decision to change the club’s colours from their traditional blue to red also remains unpopular with some supporters, and that issue was the central point of the protest, held in the Canton Stand following the final whistle, with one banner reading “Blue then – Blue now – Blue forever”, while another read “Tan out”. Press Associationcenter_img Before the game, a message on Facebook from Bluebirds Unite, a fans’ group opposed to the rebrand, read: “After the final whistle, like-minded fans are encouraged to walk to the Canton Stand and stay there to chant pro-blue/anti-Tan chants. “We need to make ourselves known to Vincent Tan.” Swansea midfielder Jonjo Shelvey could face action from the football authorities after television footage emerged apparently showing him attempting to incite Cardiff fans. At the full-time whistle the Swansea players went to go and applaud the travelling support, but, on his way to that end of the ground, Shelvey appears to make a gesture known as ‘Swim away’ towards the Cardiff fans. The gesture is believed to reference an incident which took place in 1988 where Cardiff fans allegedly retreated into the sea after the two sets of supporters clashed. There had been concerns over potential trouble betweens fans at Sunday’s game, but South Wales Police tweeted on Sunday evening that no arrests had been made at the ground. The tweet read: “No arrests at the Cardiff City Stadium today. Great to see both sets of fans being passionate & well-behaved”. last_img read more

LeBron James on helping Lakers recruit free agents: ‘It’s very critical to me and my future’

first_img Juwan Howard new betting favorite to become next Lakers coach James told Bleacher Report he “will be as active” as he needs to be to help the team improve.James said: Related News That’s why I came here. I came here to win. And obviously, we need to get better, as far as our personnel. We have an opportunity to get better. And there’s a lot of talent out there, and a lot of guys that can help our franchise. So, I’ll be as active as I need to be for us to get better and go from there.James signed a four-year, $153.3 million contract with Los Angeles in July and it began the season with a 20-14 record. But, James missed the next 17 games after straining his groin Dec. 25 and the team never recovered.The Lakers were officially eliminated from playoff contention in late March, which will snap James’ streak of eight consecutive finals appearances. He last missed the postseason in 2005.James said he’s positive “the franchise will be great” in the near future.“It (adding another star) is very critical to me and my future,” James told Bleacher Report. “”Obviously, the franchise is going to live forever. But for me personally, it’s very critical, because I want to compete, and I want to compete now.”The Lakers shut down James last weekend to help him fully recover from the injury. He’ll finish his first season in Los Angeles averaging 27.4 points, 8.5 rebounds and 8.3 assists in 55 appearances. Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee discuss Lakers missing playoffscenter_img LeBron James plans to help the Lakers recruit free agents.Los Angeles will have max salary cap space in the offseason and multiple top-level players — including Kevin Durant, Kawhi Leonard, Kyrie Irving and Klay Thompson — could be available. “Of course, I would love to still play, but I’ve always listened to the ones I trust, no matter if I always agreed with them or not,” James told The Athletic recently about being shut down. “They’re looking out for my best interest, and that’s the way it is.”The Lakers will enter their matchup Thursday against the Warriors with a 35-43 record. They have four regular-season games remaining.last_img read more

Yankees trade rumors: New York ‘willing to consider’ moving Clint Frazier, Miguel Andujar for starter

first_img Yankees place CC Sabathia (knee) on 10-day IL The Yankees may be open to dealing some of their top assets this month.New York is “willing to consider” moving Clint Frazier or Miguel Andujar in exchange for a starter, according to a report from MLB Insider Jon Heyman. The Yankees had been in “regular contact” with the Blue Jays about a potential trade for Marcus Stroman, according to MLB.com, but he was sent to the Mets on Sunday. The Braves, Astros, Padres, and Twins, among others, had also been linked to Stroman.The Yankees entered play Sunday in first place of the American League East with a 66-38 record but have dropped three straight games to the Red Sox. They’ve given up nine or more runs in all three of those losses. Andujar appeared in just 12 games this season before being shut down with a shoulder injury and undergoing surgery in May. He hit .297 with 27 home runs and 92 RBIs for the Yankees in 2018.The Yankees are expected to upgrade their rotation before the July 31 deadline and have reportedly checked in on deals for multiple top-level starters — including Trevor Bauer, Robbie Ray and Noah Syndergaard. Yankees seem willing to consider Miguel Andujar and/or Clint Frazier in deals for the starter they need. Deivi Garcia appears to be off limits, except possibly for Syndergaard (which is a long shot for other obvious reasons)— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) July 28, 2019Frazier, who was demoted to Triple-A after the Yankees acquired Edwin Encarnacion last month, is slashing .283/.330/.513 with 11 home runs and 34 RBIs in 53 MLB games this season. He has struggled defensively in the outfield during his time with New York.“This is the reality of things,” Frazier told reporters after he was sent down. “Guess I’m facing reality right now. It’s a tough pill to swallow. It’s never fun, especially with how much I’ve felt like I’ve contributed to this team.” Related Newslast_img read more

BH Weightlifter Adis Karkelja won Three Silver Medals

first_imgBH weightlifter Adis Karkelja won three silver medals at the 3rd International Championship held in the Turkish Kemer in the organization of the Islamic Solidarity Sport Federation (ISSF).Competition in the category of weightlifters up to 94 kilos was among the most interesting events at this Championship.The first place in all three disciplins won the domestic competitor from Turkey, Semih Yagci, who lifted 150 kg in the snatch and 185 kg in the throw-out. And with the total of 335 lifted kilograms dominantly won three gold medals in those three categories.Second place, with also all three silver, won the weightlifter from Bosnia and Herzegovina, Adis Karkelja. He lifted 105 kg in the snatch and 125 in the throw-out, and recorded the score of 230 kilograms. Third place won the competitor from Qatar, Khalid Alhamadi, who lifted 70 kg in the snatch and 95 kg in the throw-out.Mentioned competition was opened on 12th March and finished yesterday, with the competition in the category of weightlifters up to 105 kg and in the absolute category.(Source: ba.n1info.com/ Photo: radiosarajevo.ba)last_img read more

Boxing is Not Abhinav Bindra’s Business to Interfere, I Don’t Talk About Shooting: Mary Kom

first_img Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox – subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what’s happening in the world around you – in real time. 2020 Olympics2020 tokyo olympicsAbhinav Bindrabfi First Published: October 19, 2019, 3:41 PM IST MC Mary Kom on Saturday said boxing is not Abhinav Bindra’s “business to interfere”, expressing her displeasure at the Olympic champion’s backing of Nikhat Zareen’s demand for a trial bout against her.On Thursday, Bindra backed Zareen’s demand for a trial bout against the six-time world champion before India’s squad for next year’s Olympic Qualifiers is decided. That did not go well with Mary Kom, who is also an Olympic bronze medallist.”Bindra is an Olympic gold medallist but I too have multiple golds at World Championships. This is not his business, to involve in boxing, to interfere. I don’t talk about shooting, so it is better for him to stay quiet on boxing. He doesn’t know the exact rules of boxing,” Mary Kom said.She added, “He doesn’t know anything about boxing. It is better to be quiet. I don’t think Abhinav would also go for trials before every shooting tournament.”Earlier, former junior world champion boxer Zareen, who was refused a trial by the Boxing Federation of India (BFI) for the World Championships, had written to Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju, demanding a “fair chance” to make it to the team for the Olympic qualifiers to be held in February next year.”While I have all the respect for Mary Kom, fact is, an athlete’s life is an offering of proof. Proof that we can be as good as yesterday. Better than yesterday. Better than tomorrows man/woman. In sport, yesterday NEVER counts,” Bindra wrote on his twitter handle on Thursday.Both Bindra and Zareen are associated with JSW group in different capacities.Mary Kom (51kg) claimed her eighth world medal at the recently-concluded championships in Russia and the BFI now plans to send the Manipuri boxer for the Olympic qualifiers in China, moving away from the previous decision to give direct selection only to the gold and silver winners.The BFI criteria for men made it possible for even the bronze-winners to get direct selection.Zareen had lost to Mary Kom at the semifinal of India Open in May this year. last_img read more