The Port of Dubrovnik Authority rejected the offer for the construction of the port of Gruž

first_imgThe Governing Board of the Dubrovnik Port Authority concluded at a session held at the Ministry of Maritime Affairs, Transport and Infrastructure that it maintains its previous position that the formal and legal conditions for concluding a concession agreement for the Gruž terminal with the Turkish-French consortium Dubrovnik International Cruise Port Investment (DICPI) ).Director Dubrovnik Port Authority Blaž Pezo said that according to that conclusion there are no legal elements, and in accordance with the current procedure, that the contract on the construction of the port terminal will be signed with a potential concessionaire on Monday, October 9. “According to the current legal analysis of the law firm we hired, not all the prerequisites for signing the contract have been met”, Said Pezo.Last week, DICPI launched a conciliation process in which the Dubrovnik Port Authority will participate. “If no agreement is reached in that procedure, according to their announcements, they will initiate arbitration. We are ready for that arbitrationSaid Pezo. Pezo pointed out that he considered unfounded the possible request of DICPI for compensation in the amount of HRK 920 million. Minister of the Sea, Transport and Infrastructure Oleg Butković once pointed out that the pre-contract was terminated, among other things, because they asked the DICPI for state guarantees for the terminal project, which was completely contrary to the terms of the concession tender.Source: HRTRelated news: Fewer trips, passengers and days of stay of foreign ships for cruiseslast_img read more

Kevin De Bruyne hints at Manchester City exit if two-year UEFA ban is upheld

first_imgKevin De Bruyne has admitted he will consider his future if Manchester City’s two-year ban from European competition stands.The Premier League champions have been banned from all UEFA competitions for the next two seasons for “serious breaches” of Financial Fair Play rules but have appealed against the punishment to the Court for Arbitration of Sport (CAS).De Bruyne’s current contract with City runs until June 2023 and although he is “happy” at the club, the Belgium midfielder says a long exclusion from Europe’s elite competition could have an effect on his career path.“The club has told us that they will appeal the decision, and they are 100 per cent convinced that they are in the right,” De Bruyne told Belgian outlet Het Laatste Nieuws.“I have confidence in my club: if they are saying it’s true, then I believe them. We’ll wait and see what happens. Once there’s a final decision I will look at it.“Two years [without Champions League football] would be long. One year is something I might be able to cope with.”De Bruyne has denied his future also rests on manager Pep Guardiola remaining at the Etihad.Guardiola’s current deal is due to expire in June 2021, although the Spaniard said in November he is open to the possibility of extending his contract.De Bruyne insists his next career choice will not depend on Guardiola signing a new deal.“Not particularly,” he said. “I think Pep has said that he’ll stay until the end of next year, whatever happens. I think his contract is running out then.“We’ll have to wait, but I’m not going to make a decision based on what he does of course. I have already worked under other managers and when Pep leaves, I have to continue working with someone else.“The last few years a lot of clubs have enquired, and have asked after my future plans, but I’m very happy at Manchester City. I play for one of the best teams in the world, I play in England, in my eyes from a competitive point of view it’s the best league.“It’s a challenge to be the best here, and to win. That’s something I need to keep on going in my career. Whatever will come, will come.”Before the coronavirus pandemic forced the football season into an impromptu break, City were pushing for a Champions League quarter-final spot and sat second in the Premier League, 25 points behind leaders Liverpool.All 20 league clubs have confirmed their willingness to complete the current season, with the “Project Restart” protocol being presented in a conference call on Friday to outline the procedures to allow players to return to full training.“My feeling says that we may be able to train again within two weeks,” added De Bruyne.“The government wants to restart football as soon as possible to give people something.“Everything will be played without fans, I think. That is not so exciting for anyone, but the season will at least be finished. The financial aspect is far too important in the Premier League. If the season is not finished, it will cause serious problems.“When the league resumes, I don’t really see this as an extension of last season. This feels more like the start of a new season. I have never had such a long break in my career.“Well, I’m not going to complain about it. Greater powers are at work. Whatever is said and decided, I agree with that.” Source: Sky Sportslast_img read more