Nicole Regnier denounces that she suffered harassment in Junior

first_imgThe Colombian soccer player Nicole Regnier, who played in the Atlético de Madrid between 2014 and 2015, reported that he was the victim of harassment by Alvaro Núñez, Junior coach when he was on that team in 2018.“There came a point where it happened very often and once he went (exceeded) very ugly in front of the group, That day in the talk before training, I took off my overalls and went out, got in the car and left, “Regnier said in an interview for the internet program” Another Podcast More. “The 25-year-old forward, who was in the first half of 2018 in Junior, assured that even though football was “very indebted” and did not make “a good tournament”, he had many problems with Núñez, who even reported for harassment.“Was a pretty serious issue the issue of harassment and abuse. Is a very disrespectful guy, I had a lot of problems and I was about to give up more than 10 times for all the ‘guachadas’ (rude comments) and the barbarities that he told me in front of the group, “added Regnier.The forward confessed even that he asked for the coach’s resignation but was not heard for the managers. “I could not enjoy that process so much because of a man who was in command of the group and it was disastrous,” he added. Núñez, who was a professional footballer, was a couple of days in prison after being caught in underwear when he was with a minor of 16 years. However, a judge ordered that he be released for poor procedure in his detention.“Was very delicate (the situation with Núñez in Junior) and well they knew everything. What’s more, he wrote and sent terrible photos for the group we had, which was called ‘The Sharks’. The whole team was there, the team delegated it, there were also people from above, from the offices and nothing happened, “he said.In addition to having played in Junior and Atlético de Madrid, Regnier went through Rayo Vallecano (2015-2016) and América de Cali (2016-2017), as well as by Servette FC of Switzerland in 2018.The case is reminiscent of the Carolina Rozo physiotherapist and several players of the absolute soccer team and one of the sub’17, a minor, who denounced last year Labor and sexual harassment within the coffee complex.The accused are the former selector Didier luna, who is followed by a trial, and the physical trainer Sigifredo Alonso, like ehe former coach of the women’s team of older Felipe Taborda. The events for which Luna and Alonso are accused occurred during the concentrations prior to the Uruguay World Cup, played in November 2018.last_img read more

Policeman slapped with attempted murder charge

first_imgA Police Constable was on Wednesday slapped with a charge of intent to commit murder when he appeared before Magistrate Leron Daly at the Georgetown Magistrates’ Courts.Constable Lyndon ThompsonLyndon Thompson, 29, of Lot 284 Caneville, Grove, East Bank Demerara, was not required to plead to the indictable offence.It is alleged that on August 5, 2016 at Itabali Landing, Essequibo River, with intent to commit murder, he discharged several rounds at Shawn Williams.According to the Prosecution’s case, the defendant was in the process of stopping a domestic dispute when he shot Williams.He was reportedly attempting to prevent Williams from abusing his female companion and in the process, Williams was shot.His attorney, Ronald Daniels made a successful bail application on the grounds that he has been serving in the Guyana Police Force for the past six years.He added that since the incident, his client has been under house arrest and sees no reason why he should not be granted his pretrial liberty. Bail was granted at $150,000. As a condition of his bail, Thompson is required to report to the F Division (Interior locations) office once per week. He will return to court on September 6.last_img read more

Condo project planned

first_imgBuildings the two dealerships formerly occupied have been demolished. The Whittier Boulevard Specific Plan, approved by the City Council in June 2005, seeks to enable the boulevard to gradually evolve from a hodgepodge of strip malls and retail shops into thoroughfare of six well-defined districts. The plan calls for the eastern three miles of the boulevard to be transformed from commercial to residential use. Collier said residential usage is a better fit for that stretch because the city’s auto dealerships do not want to locate to that site. “They like to cluster together,” he said. Developer Hagop Sargisian, owner of HDS Group, is proposing a variety of condominium sizes, including 23 three-bedroom units and 73 units of either one or two bedrooms. The project will have less units than allowed under the city plan, with a density of about 19.6 units per acre. The city allows up to 30 units per acre. The project also will have 222 parking spaces. One issue still be resolved is how much in city park fees HDS must pay. That money goes for park improvements in Whittier. City regulations call for the company to pay about $500,000 in park fees. But Sargisian on Tuesday called that figure “outrageous.” Based on his dealings with other cities, he said a fair amount in park fees would be $3,000 per unit, or about $300,000 for the entire project. Collier said city staff members are reworking Whittier’s fee structure, and the city is prepared to negotiate with Sargisian. mike.sprague@sgvn.com (562) 698-0955, Ext. 3022 WHITTIER – A proposed 96-unit condominium project on the site of two former auto dealerships will usher in a major change – from commercial to residential use – on Whittier Boulevard east of Santa Gertrudes Avenue. The Beverly Hills-based HDS Group now owns the nearly five-acre site at 16050 and 16110 Whittier Blvd., where the Whittier Dodge and Isuzu dealerships were formerly located. The developer’s proposed condominium project will go before the Whittier Planning Commission at a special meeting April 9. The project had been set to be reviewed by the commission Monday, but the matter was continued. “This is a significant project,” said Jeff Collier, director of community development for Whittier. “It takes a site that has been somewhat of an eyesore … and begins the implementation of the Whittier Boulevard plan in earnest. This starts the transition to a different land use.” last_img read more

Transfer Spotlight: The Colombian star on Arsenal’s radar

first_img1 Arsene Wenger has been on the prowl in Brazil.Wenger was often seen this summer on the beach in his Daniel Craig-style speedos in Brazil, casually playing footvolley with Christian Karembeu and Bixtente Lizarazu, but it turns out he’s been doing a lot more than that.After FA Cup hero Lukasz Fabianski left Arsenal to join Swansea City on a free transfer leaving just Wojciech Szczesny and Damian Martinez as the club’s senior goalkeepers, the Frenchman has feverishly been hunting for a new shot-stopper to battle Szczesny for the number one spot.Agile Mexican star Guillermo Ochoa has caught Wenger’s eye over in South America, as has the slightly more unorthodox style of Levante’s Keylor Navas, who was so brilliant for Costa Rica.Now, though, it appears the 64-year-old has targeted Colombia ‘keeper David Ospina after a string of fine saves between the sticks, so talkSPORT’s Transfer Spotlight takes a look at the man the Gunners could be signing…Name: David OspinaDate of birth: 31 August, 1988Birthplace: Medellin, ColombiaClub: NicePosition: GoalkeeperInternational appearances: 44Honours: Colombian Primera Apertura title (2005, 2007), Primera Finalizacion title (2007)What’s the latest?After checking out and enquiring about a number of goalkeepers, including Ochoa, Navas and Cardiff City’s David Marshall, Wenger has been forced to seek out another shot-stopper and Ospina could well be his man.The Colombian is available from £3million, which would represent good business by the Gunners who seem intent on strengthening their team as they look to mount a season-long bid for the Premier League title.Did you know?1) Ospina started his career with Colombian side Atletico Nacional and before leaving the club, aged just 19, he had made an impressive 88 league appearances for the side.2) On his arrival at Nice in 2008, the shot-stopper replaced the outgoing Hugo Lloris, who was leaving his hometown club for Olympique Lyonnais.3) In the last six years the talented glovesman has gone on to appear more than 200 times for the French club.4) Known for his speed off the goal-line and quick reflexes, Ospina found himself praised by Argentina boss Alejandro Sabella and Colombia boss Jose Pekerman when the two sides drew 0-0 in a World Cup qualifying match last June.5) Turkish side Besiktas identified the 25-year-old’s talents two years ago but failed with a €2million bid for the player.6) After spending six years in Europe, Ospina is now officially a French citizen.7) The goalkeeper’s sister, Daniela, is married to World Cup senastion James Rodriguez.Video evidence David Ospina last_img read more

Victim identified in fatal hit-and-run

first_imgLA PUENTE – Officials have released the name of a 70-year-old Rosemead man who was struck and killed by a hit-and-run driver last week. Roman Urrutia was pronounced dead at the scene, said Los Angeles County coroner’s investigator Jerry McKibben. Urrutia was crossing northbound across Amar Road at Aileron Avenue about 7:30 p.m. when he was fatally struck by a vehicle driving west on Amar Road, said California Highway Patrol Officer Kevin Porter. The suspect vehicle pulled over briefly but then sped away, said Porter. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREPettersson scores another winner, Canucks beat KingsWitnesses gave conflicting accounts of the hit-and-run driver’s vehicle, Porter said. One described is as dark-colored Honda-type vehicle, while another said it was a large, black vehicle. The vehicle would have minor to moderate damage on its front end and hood from the impact, Porter said. Anyone with information about this crash should contact the Baldwin Park office of the CHP at (626) 338-1164. – Staff Reportlast_img read more

RAPHOE FAITH GATHERING LAUNCHED BY BISHOP BOYCE

first_imgBishop Philip Boyce launched the ‘Raphoe Faith Gathering’ on Monday night in the Pastoral Centre as ‘An opportunity to come together, to celebrate, explore, experience, find and share.’By Caoimhe Ní Chathail The event will take place in Loreto Secondary School, Letterkenny over the weekend of the 19th and 20th of October.Described as a celebration of faith, keynote speakers include Archbishop Charles J Brown; Papal Nuncio, Colette Furlong and John Mc Areavey who will present the Pope John Paul II Awards after the 7:30 vigil mass in the Cathedral.A total of 96 students will receive the award which over the past three years has seen over 180 students completing 5500 hours of volunteering in both their parishes and communities in the Raphoe diocese.With each day beginning at 10 and finishing up at 6, there is a wide variety of workshops to attend. Covering an array of faith-based subjects, the workshops vary from ‘Preparing for Baptism’ with Gerry and Geraldine Burke on the Saturday, ‘Growing in Faith’ with Fr. Michael Duignan on the Sunday and ‘The God of Everyday Life’ with Sr. Rosemary Gallagher IBVM on both the Saturday and Sunday. Saturday’s programme will also include a ‘Youth Space with Elation Ministries’ between 2 and 6pm for those between the ages of 15 and 25, which will cost €5.Greatly inspired by the success of last year’s Eucharistic Congress, a Prayer Space and Wall of Intentions, an Exhibition Space, Gathering Space and Café Space will be provided.The cost to attend is €10 per day. The contact details for any queries or bookings are listed below. Address : Raphoe Pastoral Centre, Monastery Avenue, Letterkenny. Tel : 074 9121853 Email : raphoefaithgathering@gmail.com Web : www.raphoediocese.ie RAPHOE FAITH GATHERING LAUNCHED BY BISHOP BOYCE was last modified: September 17th, 2013 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Raphoe Faith Gatheringlast_img read more

Aston Villa suspend chief executive with immediate effect

first_img1 Aston Villa have suspended their chief executive Keith Wyness with immediate effect, the club have announced.Villa have not given a reason for Wyness’ departureIt is understood the club were due to make a normal tax payment on Friday which did not happen – although Villa are working with HMRC to resolve the issue.A statement read: “Aston Villa Football Club can confirm that Chief Executive, Keith Wyness, has been suspended by the club with immediate effect.“Owner and Chairman, Dr Tony Xia will assume the role until further notice.“There will be no further comment from the club at this time.”Villa lost the play-off final 1-0 to Fulham last month and are facing large cost-cutting measures following a failure to return to the Premier League.Owner Xia has confirmed the club faces “severe FFP (Financial Fair Play) challenges” and that Villa needs to be a sustainable club.Captain John Terry will not renew his contract after they missed out on promotion while midfielder Jack Grealish could be sold to raise cash.Villa were relegated from the Premier League in 2016, losing an ever-present record, and their final parachute payment is cut to around £15million this year. Wyness was involved in the deal to bring John Terry to Villa Park last summer last_img read more

Man United ready to move for Barcelona hero as contract talks stall

first_img 1 Manchester United are readying a move for Jordi Alba after discovering the player is unhappy he has not been offered a new contract at Barcelona.The 29-year-old has thrilled with the Spanish champions since 2012 and has been one of the best left-backs in world football. Barcelona ace Jordi Alba will be wanted by several top clubs should he leave the Catalan giants. center_img The Spain international is ready to commit his future to the club as he is keen to keep playing at the Nou Camp.But, according to Mundo Deportivo, Alba has not been offered a new contract yet and he is not happy.The defender is frustrated at the lack of talks – despite the fact he will have just 18 months left on his deal come January.That has caused Manchester United to pay attention to Alba’s situation, in case he decides to leave.The Old Trafford club are still on the lookout for a left-back and the Spaniard would be high on their shortlist.last_img read more

MOTORBIKERS TAKE TO ROAD FOR NEO-NATAL UNITS

first_imgA group of 30 motorbike enthusiasts will take to the roads next Thursday (26th April) to raise funds for life-saving equipment for Neo-Natal Intensive Care Units and Special Care Baby Units in hospitals from Letterkenny to Limerick.The four-day ‘Ride Out For Prems Motor Bike Road Trip Challenge’ will take place from 26th to 29th April to help raise funding for vital equipment such as incubators, heart monitors, ventilators and apnoea monitors for babies who have been born premature and may have developed complications or need extra support in the early stages of their lives.Over the four day road trip, participants will be given the unique opportunity to visit Neo-Natal Intensive Care Units and Special Care Baby Units in hospitals such as Letterkenny General Hospital, Sligo General Hospital, Mayo General Hospital, University Hospital Galway and St. Munchin’s Unit, Limerick. This will give the participants a wonderful insight and opportunity to see firsthand what a difference their fundraising efforts will make. The bikers will also be able to meet with the parents and medical staff that they are helping through their fund-raising motorcycle ride.Irene Dowling of the Irish Premature Babies Association says; “We are delighted that the motorcyclists are going to “ride out” for vital life-saving equipment for babies in the neo-natal and special care units. Every rider had to raise €1,000 to go on this trip so, between the guys on the bikes and all our generous sponsors, it was a huge commitment by these people to help out, many of whom had no ties to prematurity or the charity.”“The main person behind this trip is a Harley Davidson enthusiast called Sean Brennan.  Sean originally did a trip similar to this last year and was so emotionally touched by what he saw in the units and with meeting families that he felt he had to do even more to raise awareness and funding this year. Sean, along with members of the IPB team, have worked tirelessly on this event over the past twelve months, which has accumulated with up to 30 bikers participating in the road trip and visiting nine Neo-natal units around the country,” Irene adds.On Friday, 27th April, the saddle-bound fundraisers are expected to arrive at Letterkenny General Hospital at 9 a.m., Sligo General Hospital at around midday and then on to Mayo General Hospital, arriving at around 3 p.m.  They will then head towards Galway City, and are expected to visit the Neo-natal Unit at UHG, which was recently officially opened by President Michael D. Higgins, at around 9 a.m. on Saturday, 28th April.  They will then continue on towards Limerick and are due to visit St. Munchin’s Regional Maternity Hospital at around 9 a.m. on Sunday, 29th April. To find out more or to learn how to join, please log on to the website www.irishprematurebabies.com and register in the events page or email irishprematurebabies@gmail.com If you wish to donate to the Irish Premature Babies Association, you can text prem to 57802.Pictured above: Some of the motorbike enthusiasts who are participating in the four-day ‘Ride Out For Prems Motor Bike Road Trip Challenge’; pictured sitting on the bike is Brian Kirwan; back row from left to right; Derek Smith, Dave Humphries, Jeff Murphy, MD of Harley Davidson DublinMOTORBIKERS TAKE TO ROAD FOR NEO-NATAL UNITS was last modified: April 20th, 2012 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:MOTORBIKERS TAKE TO ROAD FOR NEO-NATAL UNITSlast_img read more

Bryant Young on current 49ers despite Ravens loss: ‘Excitement in the air’

first_imgBryant Young was a stud. Probably still is.He stood 6-foot-3 and weighed an immovable 291 pounds during his years as an awe-inspiring defensive lineman for the 49ers.He was as pleasant as a summer breeze off the field. He quietly commanded total respect on the field.For decades the 49ers’ most prestigious honor has been the Len Eshmont Award, which exemplifies the “inspiration and courageous play” of an original 49er who died before his time. B.Y. won the award. Eight times. In 12 years. …last_img read more