3 of a family electrocuted in Bashirhat

first_imgKolkata: Three persons including an eight-year-old girl were electrocuted in Bashirhat early on Thursday morning. They were declared brought dead at a local hospital.According to local residents, Bijay Chatterjee, a resident of Gaboda village at Swarupnagar in Bashirhat, used to live with his wife Anusree and daughter Tanusree. The Chatterjee family used to wake up early in the morning everyday. On Thursday morning, Anusree woke up first like other days. Just after that Tanusree and Bijay also woke up. Anusree went outside and Tanusree followed her. Also Read – Rain batters Kolkata, cripples normal lifeWhile going out of their house, Anusree had failed to notice that a torn electric wire was hanging from the electric post close to their home. All of a sudden she came in contact with the open wire and got electrocuted. She immediately fell on the ground. Seeing her mother hit the ground, Tanusree ran to her and touched her to see what had happened. But as soon as she touched her mother, Tanusree was also electrocuted. Hearing her daughter scream, Bijay rushed out of the room and went to his wife and daughter to check what happened. He also failed to notice that both his wife and daughter were electrocuted. As soon as he touched his wife and daughter, Bijay got electrocuted as well and fell on the ground. Locals rushed to the spot but found no way to separate them from the live wire. After a few minutes, they somehow managed to separate them from the wire and rushed the trio to a hospital, where all three of them were declared brought dead. Police were informed later.last_img

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *